Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Let the Madness Begin: Our Brackets Revealed

Spencer's Bracket:























Final four/Championship explanation: 
This year more than any the field just feels so wide open which is why I only have one true #1 seed making the final four in Florida. I think Florida has proven steady and deep as a team and the toughest opponents they could potentially face I think are Syracuse with the 2-3 zone and Kansas if Embiid is healthy enough to play at that point in the tournament. Still though I think Florida is dynamic enough to beat either of those teams and make a run to the final four. In the East I got Michigan State, like a lot of analysts do, because they are peeking right now, have a coach in Tom Izzo with tremendous tournament experience and finally have a healthy roster. They are only a four seed but in my mind they are a better team than what they are seeded. In the West I got Wisconsin as perhaps a surprise pick for some. My reason for picking them has a lot to do with them playing in the toughest conference, the Big Ten, which I see benefiting them on their path which starts off with American University. Their toughest match-ups could come against Big Ten foe Nebraska in the third round and then obviously Arizona in the Elite Eight but I see them overcoming the Huskers this time around and again with the opponents they've played in their conference they have been tested enough to take down Arizona in my mind. Then we move to the toughest portion of the bracket, the Midwest where I have Louisville coming out on top. Like Michigan State I think Louisville is an under-seeded team because of the conference they played in, but I don't think that should take away from how scary they are in this tournament. They are the defending champs, have the experience and coach needed to win it all and they have a lot of talent. Lucky for them a lot of the other power house teams will beat up on each other before Louisville gets a shot at them. I think Wichita State will finally meet their match in the Cardinals in the Sweet 16 and while Duke will put up a fight with them for a chance to play in Arlington, I have faith Louisville will come out on top. 


Now for the Championship I think Florida's balanced team that plays so well together will be a little bit better than that of Michigan State's team, which is finally healthy. I see that being a great match up but Florida being able to pull it out in the end and head to the championship game. On the other side I think Wisconsin's ride comes to an end against the experienced and underrated Louisville team and the Cardinals will earn a chance to defend their title. When it is all said and done though I think the Florida Gators will be named the 2014 National Champions. When that team took over as number one ranking in the country in February it was for a good reason. They haven't lost a game since December 2, they have terrific senior experience and leadership in Casey Prather, Scottie Wilbekin and Patric Young who will carry this team to the promise land. Louisville is solid obviously I just think they don't match up as well against the Gators with Young to take away Harrell down low and Wilbekin to match-up well with Russ Smith. 
 
Should be a solid game but Florida will return to Gainesville as National Champs. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP! 

Ty's Bracket:



Explaination:

Honestly I have done like 6 brackets and although I think that both Florida and Arizona can be beat it has become hard for me to pick Kansas over Florida because of the uncertainty over Joel Embiid's back issues. Also I can't seem to bring myself to pick Wisconsin for some reason but they are definitely capable. I also am at a virtual toss up between Duke and Louisville. I also think that both Arizona and Florida has the easiest road to the finals. I don't think that Louisville should have been a four seed but they can be beat by a team like Duke if they are shooting well enough. I also am jumping on the Michigan State band wagon at least until the elite 8. Although the Spartans are completely healthy and played in the best conference in basketball (B1G). But you have to acknowledge how good Iowa State is and the Big 12 was almost just as hard of a conference. Both me and Spencer have Florida as the champions just because they are one of the most complete teams in the country.

Honestly though, I would not mind if there were a ton of upsets and Florida didn't make it to the final four just because that is when the tourney is at it's best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About