Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

The Daily Bruh Review 12-8-14

Obviously watched a lot of football this Sunday. I was so down on the Washington football team's chances of ever wining a game again, so I interrupted this football Sunday to go see the movie Horrible Bosses 2. It is a funny movie that isn't as good as the first one but definitely satisfied my craving for a funny movie. I then came back and made some observations



1. NFL Football

I'm going to do this in bullet form like I do the small observations:

  • I might as well get my bias for my team out the way. Not surprised at all that the Washington football team lost to the Rams in a shutout. At this point I expect the team to lose and they kind of deserve it. This team is bad. I'm not sure why Robert Griffin is such a polarizing figure but it is so unfair how much blame gets heaped on him. He didn't play well his last two starts but people tend to forget that 1. He only started 5 full games in a new offense with a new mindset and 2. The team didn't win much with out him.

  • It would be stupid to fire Gruden but wasn't he supposedly hired to develop RG3?

  • The Browns lose a game they definitely should have won. Johnny Manziel is an unproven QB option for a team fighting for a playoff spot but Brian Hoyer hasn't really deserved to keep starting. 

  • Biggest surprise in the early game was the Pittsburgh Steelers blowing out the Bengals in a kind of comeback. Nobody wants to lose the AFC North.

  • What happened to the New Orleans Saints? The Panthers just routed them. Nobody wants to win the NFC South

  • The Seahawks and the Cardinals might be in a division battle that we all didn't see a month ago. 

  • The 49ers lose to the Raiders. Sheesh. No way Jim Harbaugh is here next year. Which is a crazy development. Marc Jackson getting fired by the Warriors is a good indication to Harbaugh that not getting along with management will get you fired no matter how good you are. What's up with bay area teams not liking their coaches personally? Something in the water?

  • The Broncos got a lot of help from the refs but The Bills didn't help with their offense not working until garbage time essentially. I still think giving up on E.J. so early in the season was stupid. Kyle Orton is no different to me than when Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't work out.

  • In the late game I definitely thought that the San Diego Chargers was going to pull of an upset going in to the game against the Patriots. They made me look good the first 3 quarters. Kind of reminds me of me picking them to go to the Superbowl and they came out hot to start the season before falling off.


2. College Football


I watched a good portion of the games and my final four for the championship would have been 

1. Alabama 
2. Oregon
3. Fla St.
4. Baylor

Just because Ohio State was on their third QB. Yeah they blew out Wisconsin but that also could have been other people rallying behind the backup. I just feel Baylor would put up a better fight against Alabama.

But Baylor didn't get in and probably rightfully so because the Big 12 doesn't have a true championship game. Maybe they should add 2 more teams so they can have a championship. Also their is 10 teams in the Big 12 conference. At least add 2 teams to make sense guys.

I watched the Florida State vs Georgia Tech game and it was probably the best Jameis Winston played since the end of the championship last season. Which leads me to the conclusion that Winston and Florida State play best when everything is on the line. So I would not be surprised if they beat Oregon. Not picking them to though.

3.  Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Detroit Pistons


I like watching the Thunder so I wanted to make sure they can handle their business against a Pistons team that lost 11 straight in a row. They started slow but eventually got the win over the Pistons but the things that I took away from the game were

1. Kevin Durant is starting to get his swagger back......


2. Russell Westbrook really doesn't care that he broke his hand.


And then he had a great reason for his dunk's after the game.


How can people hate Russell Westbrook? " I just don't want to get my shot blocked, that's why I dunk so hard." Shout out to the Oklahoman Reporter Anthony Slater for the Vine. Definitely a guy to follow if you like the Thunder.

3. The Pistons are bad. Like bad all the way around I was surprised that coach Stan Van Gundy didn't trade Monroe or Smith and I will still be surprised if they are both still there at the trade deadline. The team just doesn't work constructed this way and all this talent is sad to watch perform so badly. The Thunder are a better team but the Pistons gave the game away too.

Smaller observations:


  • Biggest thing to take away from the college football playoffs is that no matter what somebody was going to be unhappy with the system. I say go to 6 or 8 teams. Why not? 
  • Washington's NFL team's defensive coordinator Jim Haslett had a former/ great player, London Fletcher, call him out. The guy has been there since 2010 and has never ranked higher than 21st in points allowed. How does he keep his job?
  • That hit in the Chargers and Patriots game that negated a pick six was just an overreaction to the player getting hurt. It isn't a flag every time someone gets hurt. This is kind of a game where people launch themselves at people un purpose so....
  • Saw a lot of arguments on Charles Barkley's comments on the Ferguson and Eric Garner situations. I love Chuck and he is entitled to his opinions just confused why CNN would ask Charles Barkley to do an interview like that. I wouldn't call him an expert on these situations.
  • Saw this graphic about Kyle Lowry on NBA TV
  • Yeah he better make the All-Star team this year. Dude is really good. The sad thing is that he was good for the Rockets a while ago but they decided they wanted Jeremy Lin instead..


  •  Many have begun to believe that the Warriors and the Grizzlies are contenders in the  NBA. When do people begin to truly believe in the Wiizards and the Raptors? I get it is the east but both of those teams are really good. Yet I keep hearing people say it is between the Bulls and the Cavs. Neither team have better records than the afore mentioned teams.
  • Andrew Luck has a lot of turnovers for a guy many people think is the next great QB.
  • Serge Ibaka pulled out the Mutumbo after blocking Andre Drummond.

    Then Drummond came back to bang on him later. Mutumbo got dunked on a fair amount in his career so this is fitting.


  • Art Briles took a shot at NCAA basketball and said something along the lines of saying that they aren't sitting around to watch the decision because they are football and not basketball. I mean good thing you didn't cause you didn't make it.
  • Also going to give out the biggest bruh of the day/ weekend in every post and the biggest bruh I'm going to give out is to Art Briles again. This dude blamed Baylor for not making the playoffs because the committee didn't have many southern members. Hey Art half the teams in the bracket are from the south. Bruh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About